OUR PROFILE

LT McGuinness was established by Lawrence T McGuinness in 1950 and later passed on to his sons Jim, Peter and Brian.

For 70 years we have been involved in the construction, refurbishment and fit-out of many leading Wellington buildings. In 2014 we began working on major projects in Auckland.

We are one of New Zealand’s largest privately-owned construction companies, with a talented and dedicated staff of 250 in Wellington and Auckland. LT McGuinness operates like a family but has the resources of a major company.

We work on all types and sizes of projects, ranging in value from $50,000 to over $150 million. We are proud of our record of delivering all our major projects on time. Our approach is direct, honest and respectful.

We have worked on many challenging projects – from complex heritage restorations to the highest quality office fit-outs for national and international clients.

 

CHRISTMAS VIDEOS

See below our Christmas videos which wrap up the year that was 2018 for our Wellington and Auckland sites.

Wellington Christmas 2018

Auckland Christmas 2018

 

OUR HISTORY

This mural opposite our office in Francis Place, Te Aro, Wellington, celebrates LT McGuinness's origins.

The top half features a 1961 photo of Laurie (centre), flanked by Brian (right) and apprentice Dave Spiers. The photo was taken on the same spot where the mural now covers a two-storey concrete wall.

Bottom left shows Peter, Brian and Jim at a site shout in 1986. Bottom right shows a 1980s composite photo of four staff with over 30 years’ service: Nick Tuilaepa, Dion Russell, John Malthus and Chris Guile.

Laurie set up his joinery shop in the 1950s in Tui Street, which adjoined Francis Place (that workshop is shown in the black and white photo, top left of this page). Although Tui Street, its factories and workshops have long gone, the mural preserves a slice of our history.